Discovering the beauty of Aguilar

Aguilar is known as one of the agricultural towns of Pangasinan, producing rice for the province. Located 30 minutes away from the capital of the province, Aguilar has lots to offer. Although it’s a landlocked municipality, not having a beach is not an issue, because the town is blessed with other natural wonders waiting to be discovered.

Nambersian

Nambersian is like a hill made up of huge rocks. Hiking for 15-20 minutes will take you to the summit. You need to climb a 7-8 ft. rock wall, then hike the rest of your way to the summit. There are trees under which you can take a rest and munch on some snacks. You will also pass by huge cross. According to the tricycle driver we hired, the local government of Aguilar once planned to build a grotto there, but didn’t proceed. Before reaching the summit, you need to climb—again! This time, you will need to climb over a huge rock. Be extra careful, as one misstep will send you rolling all the way to the foot of the hill.

You will go through all of these obstacles, but once you reach the top, you will reap the fruit of your labor, because what’s waiting for you is a panoramic view of the town, such a majestic sight to gaze upon while taking in all the fresh air.

Sapa and Maples

One thing I like about Aguilar is its clean and unpolluted river that lets you enjoy swimming in the fresh and cold water flowing from the mountain. While enjoying the clear and clean water of maples, you can feast on the picturesque view of the mountains.

Mapita

Mapita is the most beautiful place in Aguilar. It is where you will find the Talya Talyasi falls and lagoon. Mapita is also ideal for mountaineering and camping, and is perfect for your Instagram feed. We really enjoyed the place. Though the trek is a bit tiring, it was all worth it.  (More details on my Mapita Adventure on my next blog post)

Indeed, Aguilar has a lot to offer. Next time you visit Pangasinan, make sure to include the town in your itinerary. It is worth it and I’m sure you’ll enjoy it, too.

How to get there?

From Dagupan/Lingayen – Take the bus bound for Camiling, Tarlac. Tell the bus conductor that you’ll be alighting on town proper. From there, ride on a tricycle going to your destination.

From Manila – Take the bus bound for Alaminos, or Bolinao. Tell the bus conductor you’re alighting on the town proper. From there, ride on a tricycle going to your destination.

Hi I’m Reginald Agsalon but you can call me “Reg”. Blogging is one of my passion – i love to tell stories and share my adventures and experiences.
Previous Post Next Post

You Might Also Like

9 Comments

• Reply LynN January 11, 2017 at 5:18 pm

that Place <3

• Reply Reginald Agsalon January 14, 2017 at 5:54 am

yes, that beautiful place 🙂

• Reply Marc Rosario January 14, 2017 at 4:26 am

I’m humbly to let you know our family come from the beloved town of Aguilar, Pamgasinan. Yes,I believed that there are a lot of beautiful sites in our town although it’s one of the smallest in the province of pangasinan. I’m really happy to see & known our town has a clean environment places also has clean river water free of pollution. I appreciate Reginald of posting these gorgeous images that I guess many of our townmates would be happy & encourage to see for real these places in our town. Once again I thank you Reginald for you effort. God bless.

• Reply Reginald Agsalon January 14, 2017 at 5:53 am

Hi Marc! Thanks for reading my blog. Aguilar indeed is a beautiful town i’m hoping that the local gov’t of aguilar will put extra effort in promoting the town. By the way, i will be posting another post for Aguilar featuring Mapita next week. I hope you can also share this to your friends. Thanks.

• Reply Phillip Queroda January 15, 2017 at 2:12 am

Reginald, our sincerest appreciation for bringing out the best of our beloved town, Aguilar.

• Reply Reginald Agsalon January 15, 2017 at 4:27 pm

Thank you. I will upload another feature for Aguilar next week. Please help me in sharing it to the world 🙂 Thanks again

• Reply Ayla Maria January 15, 2017 at 2:54 pm

Have you tried going to Goldkrist Resort? I heard it’s a really nice place to relax. 🙂

• Reply Reginald Agsalon January 15, 2017 at 4:25 pm

No, i haven’t tried there yet. But hopefully soon. Thanks for reading my blog 🙂

• Reply Becky Madrid May 1, 2017 at 6:51 am

Beautiful places in our town are of note…with a lot of scenic stories to tell indeed! Longing for home still remains a compulsion…as some part of myself is still screaming for respite. Thank you for sharing the meaningful blogs…such small world is truly blessed for comfort. I wish you luck on all your interesting & idealistic aims.